Pat & Paul Burgess
Past President: Danville-Sycamore Rotary; Danville Area Chamber Board of Directors
190 Hartz Ave, Danville, CA 94526
It’s not about the number of bedrooms or baths. It’s all about the lifestyle each home has to offer and what it can become. Pat Burgess visualizes what a home really means to her clients and consistently goes above and beyond to make sure she is finding just the right fit with a welcoming neighborhood and ideal community in which they can thrive.
“It’s more than just a home,” she says. “It’s a place to maybe raise a family, build dreams, and enjoy all that life has to offer.”
A Danville resident for more than 25 years, Pat arrived in the real estate industry in 2008 after more than 20 years in corporate sales and marketing for Fortune 100 companies including IBM, Rolm Corporation, and AT&T where she was honored as a top performer year after year. As co-founder of EXL Consulting, an IT business consulting firm, she turned it into a multi-million dollar firm after just the first year with more than 80 consultants.
An entrepreneur and business owner, Pat combined her wealth of knowledge and experience with training in interior design and real estate, and relying on her astute business acumen, knowledge of the market, sharp negotiation skills, and a keen attention to detail, she achieved the President’s Club Top Performer status by the end of her first year in real estate despite the challenging market. Pat has never looked back and is ranked among the top 1% of realtors both locally and nationwide. Her listings average five days on the market from listing to contract compared to the industry’s average of 28 days.
Whether a move is around the corner, across town, or on the other side of the globe, Pat combines her passions for construction and staging, and the art of negotiation with her sincere desire to always put her clients first and keep their best interests in mind.
Patient, supportive and action-oriented, Pat brilliantly navigates the business side of a purchase or sale of a home with an unmatched level of perseverance and care and a creative marketing approach because she believes there is no such thing as “one size fits all” or “the same ol’ way” of doing business. She also makes sure her clients are well informed and comfortable making one of the most important decisions of their lives while building and nurturing long-term relationships.
A top-performing Realtor, Pat has obtained a long list of achievements in the industry including:
- Ranked in top 1% of Realtors locally and nationwide
- Five Star Award, Multi-year recipient
- President’s Club for Top Producers since 2008
- Foreclosure Alternative Consultant (FACS)
- Short Sale and Foreclosure Resource (SFR)
- Real Estate Collaborative Specialist-Divorce (RCS-D)
- Top Agent Network member
She also embraces the community in which she has raised five children and has taken an active leadership role throughout the years including:
- Impact 100 East Bay Co-Founder - a non-profit organization uniting women to collectively raise funds to support the unmet needs within Contra Costa and Alameda Counties
- National Association of Professional Women Member
- Danville Area Chamber of Commerce Board Member
- Danville-Sycamore Rotary Club
- President 2016-2017
- Membership Chairperson
- Community Service Chairperson
- Assistant Interact District Chairperson
- Rotarian of the Year: 2010 and 2016
- Rookie of the Year: 2009
- Business Network International member and Leadership Team Member
- Leadership of San Ramon Valley graduate 2012
- Founder - “Divorce Angels,” a non-profit support group for those in need of practical information while going through or recovering from a divorce
- Past Mustang Soccer Coach
- Past Cub Scout Den Leader
My background is in finance. I focused on corporate asset finance, business debt restructure, and acquisitions of companies. I have worked for large firms, such as GE Capital, as well as regional banks and investment firms. Bringing my financial awareness and sales skills into our real estate business has proved a valuable resource for our clients, not just in the obvious area of pricing strategy, but also in the arena of choosing low cost, high value repairs and upgrades when preparing a property for market.
Our success is a blend of a lot of hard work, staying current with industry issues and technology, and creative strategies to get our clients what they need.
We know a home is a safe haven for to relax and take comfort at the end of the day… a place for family, dream building, and enjoying life. The most rewarding compliment I love to receive is a referral from a past client.